Thursday 31 March 2011

5 Years

Next Monday will be 5 years since I got to London. I didn't expect to be on this muddy island for 5 years but I've learned a lot: how to look busy when you're not, how not to do things, how to be happy with mediocrity, and many other useful approaches that will assist me in going nowhere in life and being happy with it.

In celebration of this milestone I have decided to engage in the national sport (drinking inside on days ending in 'Y'). But because I recently scored 6 out of 7 in a melbourne quiz that Dad gave me I will put a decidedly Australian slant on it and drink outside. Maybe somewhere nice with some food...

So for the sake of entertainment (not information, I assure you) I decided to check the weather. Yahoo weather on my phone says Saturday will be 17 and partly cloudy, BBC Breakfast told Megs some sunshine and 19, and Todd's phone suggests an umbrella will be useful. I COULD take a chance and make plans for a fantastic day out but 'effort' and 'risk' are not in the British vocabulary...

Meh, who wants to drink inside with me on Saturday evening to celebrate me sitting around for 5 years?