Wednesday 3 February 2010

I Told You I Could Do It, Dad!

Fresh from watching "The Boy Who Could Fly" in 1986, I asked Dad why I couldn't fly from the roof of our house, like that autistic kid in the movie. Not to bother a 5 year old with details about mental illness, Dad told me that I can do anything if I work hard at it. I decided I needed to fly without wings at some stage before I died. And 24 years on, this is the best I could offer:



It also happens to be photo 2 of my 'photo-a-day-for-February'.

Angus and I utilised our weekdays without crowds and spent the day in Milton Keynes, about 80kms north of London, to go indoor skydiving at Airkix. I've been meaning to check this place out for a while and can't wait to go back. If you're in England you must have a fly. Well worth it and anyone with any bodily control can do it.

...now I just need to work hard enough to get a job so I can afford another few rounds at Airkix...

No comments: