Friday 29 January 2010

Trigger Happy

For years I've wanted a remote for my camera. For some reason it just seems fun to take photos without being anywhere near the camera. Unfortunately my glaring lack of photog talent has limited the amount of fun I could ever have with a remote. But I bought one anyway. £5 from eBay, can't go wrong.



So yet again I'm excited to learn the theory of taking good pictures, I only hope I remember it this time...

A lot of people are taking 'a photo a day for a year' but I don't have the commitment, nor the know-how to do that so what I'll do instead is commit myself to a photo everyday throughout February. (I haven't really thought this idea through yet so bare with me...) Should set some rules:
-The photos will be self-portraits
-They will show me doing whatever I will be doing that day.
-They will be varied (I'm getting in way over my head now...)

I apologise in advance of the pics of me taking a pic! The hope is that as the month progresses we will see how my creativity and ability has improved. Or, worst case scenario, I'll document the most boring month of my life. Either way, this will force me to get out and take pics, learn more about photography, and post a blog every day. ...oh, a perfect world...

To do this, however, I need your help. You are ALL better photogs than I, so send me your tips. If you want to see a photo taken in a particular way or me doing something interesting (a photo of me getting a job is on the cards) then let me know.

No comments: